The ASFP Continuing Competency program is mandatory for all members. The goals for our members are to:
- maintain relevancy of knowledge,
- advance knowledge and skills,
- encourage learning of new techniques,
- encourage broadening of knowledge in related areas,
- increase awareness of new developments and current issues,
- assist members in reviewing their knowledge of current literature and keep abreast of new opportunities to upgrade knowledge, and
- stimulate individual self-assessment by providing standards for achievement.
It is the responsibility of all members to maintain their own records of continuing competency. Please see the sample tracking form below and use it as a guide to fill in the blank tracking form with your information.
To help ensure compliance with this program, all members who are currently practicing in Saskatchewan and do not report their continuing education hours to another professional organization will be required to submit their continuing competency hours to the Registrar yearly. Each year, a continuing competency audit of a randomly selected 5% sample of the ASFP membership to ensure that our membership is meeting the program requirements.